Thursday, June 30, 2011

One Month down...

It’s been an exciting month in the Challenge, as of last Sunday (June 26th), I was down 15 pounds.  Now, it’s true – I would love to be down more than that – but more important than that, it’s progress.  At this rate, I could be down more than 40 pounds in 3 months – maybe even close to 50.  Can you imagine that?

Personally, my life the last two weeks has been…well, craptastic to say the least, aided by the drama that only family members can cause.  It’s made it hard to stick with the plan.  I will even admit I caved one night (Monday) and had some chips.  Not a lot, just some.  And while some slight bending is allowed, looking back, I am still a bit disappointed that I cracked.

That’s been the low point.  The high point, however, is the fact that I have done a really good job omitting all sugar from my daily intake, minus whatever is naturally in fruit and a little in the chocolate I put in my Chocolate Banana smoothies.  I think in this Challenge, Sugar is the enemy.  Screw off, Sugar…although, there are times I crave a Twix…

(On a side note, if anyone wanted to get rich, why wouldn’t they just do all these freakin’ candy bars as totally sugar free?)

Michelle asks me consistently how I feel about this – Physially, I am exhausted, More so because of the fireworks stand, the drama and the fact that I am (still) sleeping on a plywood floor in a fireworks stand.  It has definitely affected my sleep, which I know is going to be a hindrance to my progress.  The good news in that is that after Monday night, I should be done camping out until next year.

I feel optimistic for the progress I have made at the one month mark.  I am eager to weigh in this Sunday, although I am honestly a little afraid what those chips last Monday did to me…lol.

No matter what, though, we will keep motoring along.  I feel like some measureable progress has been made.  One third of the way there…more weight left to lose…

ILJS

KDawg

No comments:

Post a Comment