Friday, June 3, 2011

Got Humus?

Day three nearly in the books…here is what I learned:
Humus is my friend.
Ever had humus? I haven’t really eaten it except over the last year or so. I try not to think about the fact that I am having mashed up beans and garlic – just doesn’t sound good to me – but throw that on some pita bread…well, it’s darn good.
This ‘challenge’ isn’t going too badly. I don’t get hungry during the day (I thought I would from missing lunch, but it’s been fine) and sometimes, I crave food, but I think that it is more out of boredom or repetition than anything. I know, it’s only 3 days into this, but so far…so good.
My daily menu:
Breakfast – Orange Cream Vi Smoothie (Standard breakfast)
Morning Snack – Humus with Pita Bread
Lunch Smoothie – Pineapple/Peach/Mango (This was really good – I even got a banana and put it in it, let it sit all day…good stuff)
Afternoon Snack – Apples
Dinner – Chicken of some kind, not sure how it’s going to be cooked, but I don’t think I will be frying it…
Tomorrow, I kick off the start of a 5 day weekend. I am hopeful I can continue this so easily when I am off and at home, around all the food…
ILJS
KDawg

No comments:

Post a Comment