Monday, June 20, 2011

13 Gone...

I will be honest and say I was a little worried after last week’s weigh in.  After all, my first week, I had dropped 6 pounds.  Then last Sunday, the 12th, I weighed in with a 2 pound loss from the previous week.  I was more than a little disappointed, and I honestly don’t know what I was more disappointed in – the Vi Shakes I have been taking, or myself for either A – messing this up, or B – Believing in something that could end up making me look like an idiot.

I have learned that of all of the issues I have, patience (or the lack thereof) is a big one.  I have always been pretty short-sighted on things requiring long term commitment.  It is one of the reasons why this challenge has been so very important to me – for reasons more than just my weight.  I can’t remember the last time I found something that was important to me that I actually followed through on, and allowed it to happen.  Normally I cut it off, sabotage it. 

So, I honestly expected another 2 pound loss – or less – when I weighed in last night.  I think I have come to the start of the third week, and I needed a little kick in the ass, something to instill some faith and positive thoughts in the process. 

And, faith and positive thoughts were delivered.

5 more gone.

That means 13 pounds gone in 19 days.

I wasn’t sure if I had already hit a plateau or if I had already leveled out, but I was afraid this wasn’t going to be the result.  I think it is amazing that when we need the right kick in the pants, sometimes, God just does it.  And I needed this kick in the pants.  It proved the 6 pounds wasn’t a fluke.  And, in the future when I only lose  a pound or two, it will be easier for me to remember what can happen the next week.

More importantly, though – bigger than this Body By Vi Challenge – it instills upon me the importance of the process, trusting in something that I don’t fully understand, walking with blind faith and opening myself up to the option of looking like an idiot.  Nothing great has ever been gained by someone who was too afraid to take a chance.

So, as I ride the ferry this morning, with my Mango/Strawberry/Banana smoothie by my side, I have a little bigger fire lit under me, a little more determination.  And I know at this rate, I could drop 50, 60…maybe even 70 pounds in my 90 days.  Can you imagine?

For the first time, I think I can really imagine something dramatic happening.  I think I figured I would see a result, but it would be minimal, something small, something un-miraculous. 

And this morning, I suddenly feel like there could be a miracle coming on.

Happy Monday

ILJS

KDawg


No comments:

Post a Comment